Good Morning To All
I walked by this Rose this morning and saw that it was beginning to loose it’s brilliance. But that Rose was perfect in it’s own way. Days earlier I had photographed it when it was in it’s prime, and the beauty was shinning through. Today the Rose still has the aroma of the fragrant perfume, which Roses are famous for, but it is not an eye catcher so to speak.
Aretha Franklin wrote a song titled “A Rose Is Still A Rose” in it, she is telling a young girl who has been hurt deeply that…
” a rose is still a rose Baby, girl, youýre still a flower He canýt lead you and then take you Make you and then break you Darliný, you hold the power”
When I passed this lone Rose, standing alone in a bed of fresh blooming Irises, the older and soon to die Rose stood out and still called me to her. I am blessed to be able to enjoy it’s essence even in it’s old age. Such is life, we all go through stages in life, some days the best we can do is hold our head up and allow the world to be. That old Rose showed me that this morning and for that I am grateful.
(From: Anais Nin) Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.
I am grateful for the many forms of expression even though many times I do not reply, it may be that the person or persons form of expression does not match up with mine. But that does not mean in any way that we are not connecting. I want to share a definition I got from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/expression, which defines the term Expression.
expression – 8 dictionary results
/jkÈspr[Yn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ik-spresh-uhn] Show IPA
1. the act of expressing or setting forth in words: the free expression of political opinions.
2. a particular word, phrase, or form of words: old-fashioned expressions.
3. the manner or form in which a thing is expressed in words; wording; phrasing: delicacy of expression.
4. the power of expressing in words: joy beyond expression.
5. indication of feeling, spirit, character, etc., as on the face, in the voice, or in artistic execution: the lyric expression embodied in his poetry.
6. a look or intonation expressing personal reaction, feeling, etc.: a shocked expression.
7. the quality or power of expressing an attitude, emotion, etc.: a face that lacks expression; to read with expression.
8. the act of expressing or representing, as by symbols.
9. Mathematics. a symbol or a combination of symbols representing a value, relation, or the like.
10. Linguistics. the stylistic characteristics of an utterance (opposed to meaning ).
11. Linguistics. the system of verbal utterances specific to a language (opposed to content ).
12. the act of expressing or pressing out.
13. Computers. a combination of variables, constants, and functions linked by operation symbols and any required punctuation that describe a rule for calculating a value.
a. the action of a gene in the production of a protein or a phenotype.
b. expressivity (def. 2).
My own form of expression comes from a very emotional and feminine place, I don’t like violence and I love to see beautiful pictures. We all see and do things differently. I am grateful for that as well.
I am grateful for the diversity and the respectful nature of ALL of you
Loving you ALL,